Discover Canada

Visas and Immigration

Studying in Canada

International Experience Canada

Doing Business with Canada

About Canada

Bilateral Relations




Our office

Contact Us

Job Opportunities at the Embassy

For Candians

Emergency Services

Living/Travelling in Austria, Slovakia, and Bosnia and Herzegovina

Doing Business with Slovakia


Contact Us




Experience Canada

Please come to visit us on our new website to learn more about IEC.

Express Entry

Consent letter for


For children travelling alone, with one parent or other accompanying person

Need help?

Visa application


Get help and services in your local language at the nearest Visa Application Centre.

Important Notice: Applications for Temporary Resident Visa, Study Permit and Work Permit can no longer be submitted at the visa office or by mail.

Please see instructions on how to submit your application at

Data modified: 2017-06-20

Visas and Immigration

Important Notice: New entry requirement (Electronic Travel Authorization, eTA) now in effect

Visa-exempt foreign nationals need an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) to fly to or transit through Canada. Exceptions include U.S. citizens and travellers with a valid Canadian visa.  Canadian citizens, including dual citizens, and Canadian permanent residents cannot apply for an eTA.

Be prepared: Apply for an eTA before you book your flight to Canada. Most applicants get approved within minutes. However, some applications can take several days to process so don’t wait until the last minute.

Find out how these changes may affect you. Information available in the several languages.

Note: Travellers who apply for an eTA are advised to be cautious in all dealings with companies that claim to offer help in getting an eTA. These companies are NOT operating on behalf of the Government of Canada. Many have established websites that charge a fee to provide information and submit eTA applications. This Government of Canada website is the official place to apply for an eTA.

Find out how to go to Canada and how to apply for a visa through the services listed below:


Apply to visit Canada for tourism or business or find out what you need to carry with you to transit Canada.


Apply to study in Canada as an international student.


Apply to work in Canada temporarily.


Determine your eligibility, apply to immigrate to Canada and learn about Express Entry for skilled workers.

Family sponsorship

Find out how to sponsor your spouse, partner, dependent child or other eligible relatives to come to Canada.

My application

Check application status, check processing times, find a form, pay your fees and find out if you need a medical exam or police check.


You may be inadmissible to enter Canada for security reasons, health reasons or criminality. Learn more on how to overcome inadmissibility.

Permanent residents outside Canada

Services for permanent residents of Canada. Find out how to apply for a permanent resident travel document or how to give up your permanent resident status.

Protect yourself from fraud

Learn about immigration fraud, how to protect yourself and how to report fraud.

Most requested information and services

Important Notice: From July 19, 2017, only online payment

for visa fees will be accepted.

Please consult this link before submitting your visa application:

IRCC Pay your fees


As of November 1st, 2017, if you have travelled to Canada in the

last ten (10) years or currently hold a valid United States non-immigrant visa and can provide proof (entry stamps in passport, proof of the valid visa), no proof of financial support is needed.

Please see instructions on how to submit your application at